The Otaku Exhibition’s bread and butter. I love to talk about some of my favorite (and least favorite) anime, and usually I try to approach them from a unique angle, or by tackling one specific part of the experience.
- How Haikyuu Does Character Growth on the Court
- Shonen is Ready to Grow Up
- Danmachi is Fun Fantasy Done Right
- What Netflix’s Cowboy Bebop Has to Do Right
- How Anime Excels in Making You Care
- Rebuild of Evangelion Has Redefined a Classic
- 86 – Eighty-Six Will Change How Anime is Made
- Mushoku Tensei is the Worst Anime Ever Made
- Why I Still Love Fullmetal Alchemist (2003)
- Is Being Faithful to the Manga Even Important?
- The Tragedy of Tokyo Ghoul
- Beastars, or the Troubling World of Allegory
- The End of Evangelion Deserves to be a Classic
- Atmosphere in Games (Hades & Hollow Knight)
- I Hate The Legend of Zelda
- The Best Protagonist in Anime
- The Perfect Slice of Life Spin-Off
- Persona 5: Living an Anime
- Kaguya-Sama: The Anime That Demands to be Watched Twice
- Processing Grief Through Anime Part One: Your Lie in April
- Processing Grief Through Anime Part Two: Anohana
- Does Toradora Deserve to be a Classic?
- Devilman Crybaby: Resurrecting a Classic
- Vinland Saga: How to Kill Off a Character
- Steins;Gate: A Lesson in Disappointment
- Genshin Impact: The Unsustainability of FOMO
- Castlevania: Mourning The First Good Video Game Adaptation
- Akudama Drive: Last Minute Pivot
- Dark Souls is the Perfect Kids’ Game
- Goblin Slayer: A Bizarrely Thoughtful Exploration of Trauma
- I Hate Blank Slate Protagonists
- Rent-A-Girlfriend: My Favorite Dumpster Fire
- Appare-Ranman!: Steel Ball Run Got an Anime?
- Attack on Titan and CGI in Anime
- How Oregairu Fails to Deliver (and Then How It Does)
- Pokemon’s Problem
- Horimiya: The Art of Butchering an Adaptation
- Does Sub vs. Dub Matter Anymore?
- SK8 The Infinity: Skateboarding Thrills and Emotional Chills
- Bunny Girl Senpai: Why All Anime is Set in High School
- Re:Zero is a Modern Classic (Part One)
- Re:Zero is a Modern Classic (Part Two)
- My Hero Academia: Anime’s Rule Breaker
- Does Gurren Lagann Deserve to be a Classic?
- The Promised Neverland: How-To on Anime Horror
- Darling in the Franxx: A Lesson in Disappointment
- That Time I Got Reincarnated As A Slime: Popcorn Anime At Its Finest
- Neon Genesis Evangelion Doesn’t Deserve To Be A Classic
- Does Code Geass Deserve to be a Classic?
- Dororo: Dark Fantasy Done Right
- Shonen Superpowers: What Makes Battle Anime Tick
- How Demon Slayer: Mugen Train Changes the Game
- Seven Deadly Sins: A Lesson in Disappointment
- The Fate Franchise: Does Watch Order Matter?
- Beastars: The Animals Are Surprisingly Human
- The Slow Start: Anime’s Great Strength
- The Art of the Tournament Arc
- Demon Slayer Knows Why You Love Shonen
- Konosuba: The “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia” of Anime
- Sword Art Online: A Lesson in Disappointment
- Mob Psycho 100: Coming of Age with ESP
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Knows Why You Game
- Re:Zero and Shield Hero: Why We Still Love Isekai
- Attack on Titan: The Architect of Hype
- Death Note: A Lesson in Disappointment
- Kaguya-Sama is the Most Realistic Teen Drama
- The God of High School: A Lesson in Disappointment
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.